OverviewOver the course of our marketing campaigns we decided we wanted to create some original content and start moving away from stock photography and video. We choose to do this because it gave us a more unique feel in our ads, and it also allowed us to create very specific content depending on our needs. As a photographer I was able to lead the creation of this content which I will outline below.
StrategyWe wanted to create a vast library of content that we could use across our website, social media, email campaigns, and other areas where branded content is necessary. Before beginning on this project we outlined everything we would need as well as the style we would like this content to have. To stay on brand we wanted to make sure the photos and video were fun, bright, and of professional quality. We also outlined the types of shots we would need, and made sure to include every possible variation we could think of (example: filming in portrait mode for ads viewed on phones, or filming in landscape for ads viewed on desktop).
After collaborating with the team we came up with this list of items we required for both photo and video:
- Males and Females wearing Phrendly branded clothing in both landscape and portrait orientation using both iOS and Android devices
- Males and Females enjoying a phone call in both landscape and portrait orientation using both iOS and Android devices
- Males and Females enjoying a video call in both landscape and portrait orientation using both iOS and Android devices
- Males and Females texting in both landscape and portrait orientation using both iOS and Android devices
- Close-ups of the app in use shown on both iOS and Android devices
Project date: May 2018
Director of Photography
Canon 1DX II
DJI Ronin S
Canon 16-35mm f2.8 II
Canon 70-200mm f2.8 II
Adobe After Effects